Here are our versions of the famous “Eat Me” cookie that makes Alice grow and grow and grow….hopefully these little delights do not have the same affect lol.
I used my favorite sugar cookie recipe (from the amazing people at Crisco)
After baking I cut out fondant using the same cookie cutter (makes the fondant the same shape as the cookie) then wrote the words and voila cookies for the little and big darlings alike.
Five years ago I was in labor with my little miracle and today I am experiencing labor pains again…like so long ago it is a labor of love (my back keeps cramping every 10 minutes or so, I keep sipping on water and ice chips, I just want to take a break but have to push through the exhaustion) but this time it is for Little Alyssa Hope’s birthday celebration.
I like to celebrate another healthy & happy year on a BIG scale so I know the last minute work in store for me the week of her birthday.
Currently what is causing my reflection on labor pains are little treats (they taste as good as they look…what? I had to taste test to make sure they taste ok…ok I didn’t have to necessarily have to eat one of every color but all I have to say is…yummmm tasty 😉 )
Cream Cheese Mints
1 package (8oz) Philadelphia Cream Cheese
1 package (2lbs) powdered sugar
1 package Duncan Hines peppermint stick flavor mix or approximately 10 drops of peppermint extract
Food coloring of choice
Granulated sugar (for rolling)
Candy Mold (optional)
• Using dough hook mix the cream cheese and slowly add powdered sugar until blended
• Section a hand size piece to work with and store the remaining mixture in a ziplock bag so it doesn’t dry out
• If using a candy mold roll a small amount of the mixture into the granulated sugar and press into mold.
• Turn the mold over and lightly tap the mint out
• Place on a cookie sheet to dry
• Eat & Enjoy 🙂