DIY Napkin Rings

I knew for our upcoming Princess party I wanted to make napkin rings that were budget friendly but also royalty themed.
After much debate I decided to use one of the crown stamps I bought for her party.
So I gathered my supplies:
• Shimmery cream color vellum paper
• Paper cutter with ruler built in
• Stamp
• Gold stamp ink
• Scissors
• Glue
• Tape
• Napkins to put the rings around

IMG_9935

I started by cutting the paper into 2″ strips and set the small extra piece aside for another project.

IMG_9936

Then using the gold ink I tried to stamp the crown as close to the center as possible.

IMG_9937

After realizing my pieces of paper were too long I cut them down a bit and I know what you are probably thinking…but they are cut at an angle for a reason (I don’t cut that crooked normally lol).

IMG_9938

I put a strip of clue on one end, then set them aside to work on the napkins

IMG_9941

Now it’s time for the napkins

IMG_9939

I placed the one with the scroll on the outside

IMG_9940

1st fold:

IMG_9944

2nd fold & placed the napkin ring (make sure crown is right side up)

IMG_9946

After some trial and error I decided to round the top corners of the napkin rings like so:

IMG_9950

It gave it a more polished look with the corners rounded in back:

IMG_9952

Here is the front view:

IMG_9949

Now…only 49 more to go!! 😄

DIY Sour Cream Crown

We just finished the crowns for our princess’s upcoming birthday party.

IMG_9838
I wanted the crowns to be unique which meant I needed to make them myself (like I really needed the excuse lol).
I entertained the thought of lace crowns for a minute since I loved the ones done by thegirlinspired but in the end I decided I wanted ones shaped more like Aurora’s crown since we are having a Sleeping Beauty themed party.
In order to achieve this look I sketched out a crown on cardstock until I had the shape I desired.

IMG_9836
Then traced it on some sour cream containers (don’t judge but we definitely go through a lot of sour cream in our house and I save the containers because…well you never know when you will need one).
Next I cut the crowns out using my new handy tandy shears that I got from my mother-in-law for Christmas (thank you again Connie…I LOVE these things!!).

IMG_9561
After I gave them a good two coats of Rust-Oleum gold spray-paint (letting them dry fully in between coats) I gave them one coat of Valspar gold glitter spray-paint.

IMG_9834
Now I am just debating whether to attach them to the gold headbands or not. Either way, we are super excited with the results so far.

IMG_9826

Funny Face Lunch

IMG_9804
This funny little guy just started developing on his own as I put Lyssa’s lunch together.
His fuzzy eyebrows are shredded baby carrots
His big eyes are cucumbers cups filled with green goddess dip & I used black olives for the pupils
The nose is simply a Babybel Swiss cheese wheel
His smile I shaped out of imitation crab meat
She will be delighted to see her dessert is watermelon with a little bit of whipped cream

IMG_9805
And because I saw Josh eyeing the cucumber cups…he got a smile face too 😋

Fish Themed Lunch

2015/01/img_9654.jpg
This week’s lunch were inspired by our upcoming Florida trip.
Fish = turkey & cheese sandwich
Bubbles = vanilla meringues
Ocean = cotton candy flavored Greek yogurt
Seashell = pink chocolate
Sand = sprinkle of brown sugar
Rainbow = goldfish crackers

Refurbished Office Desk

When we cleaned out the spare bedroom to make it into an office we knew Josh would need a good desk. But we got super lucky because instead of having to buy a $1000 desk, my Auntie Dorothy gave us one for free!! It needed a little TLC…which of course is my preference anyway because that gives me the opportunity to make it our own. Here is Josh’s office desk that we redid. It only took a couple coats of Walnut Rust-O-Leum stain & Josh painted the handles (changed them from outdated brass to a silver look) and now the desk to look fresh and new again.

IMG_9106.JPG

IMG_9107.JPG