I knew for our upcoming Princess party I wanted to make napkin rings that were budget friendly but also royalty themed.
After much debate I decided to use one of the crown stamps I bought for her party.
So I gathered my supplies:
• Shimmery cream color vellum paper
• Paper cutter with ruler built in
• Gold stamp ink
• Napkins to put the rings around
I started by cutting the paper into 2″ strips and set the small extra piece aside for another project.
Then using the gold ink I tried to stamp the crown as close to the center as possible.
After realizing my pieces of paper were too long I cut them down a bit and I know what you are probably thinking…but they are cut at an angle for a reason (I don’t cut that crooked normally lol).
I put a strip of clue on one end, then set them aside to work on the napkins
Now it’s time for the napkins
I placed the one with the scroll on the outside
2nd fold & placed the napkin ring (make sure crown is right side up)
After some trial and error I decided to round the top corners of the napkin rings like so:
It gave it a more polished look with the corners rounded in back:
We just finished the crowns for our princess’s upcoming birthday party.
I wanted the crowns to be unique which meant I needed to make them myself (like I really needed the excuse lol).
I entertained the thought of lace crowns for a minute since I loved the ones done by thegirlinspired but in the end I decided I wanted ones shaped more like Aurora’s crown since we are having a Sleeping Beauty themed party.
In order to achieve this look I sketched out a crown on cardstock until I had the shape I desired.
Then traced it on some sour cream containers (don’t judge but we definitely go through a lot of sour cream in our house and I save the containers because…well you never know when you will need one).
Next I cut the crowns out using my new handy tandy shears that I got from my mother-in-law for Christmas (thank you again Connie…I LOVE these things!!).
After I gave them a good two coats of Rust-Oleum gold spray-paint (letting them dry fully in between coats) I gave them one coat of Valspar gold glitter spray-paint.
Now I am just debating whether to attach them to the gold headbands or not. Either way, we are super excited with the results so far.
This funny little guy just started developing on his own as I put Lyssa’s lunch together.
His fuzzy eyebrows are shredded baby carrots
His big eyes are cucumbers cups filled with green goddess dip & I used black olives for the pupils
The nose is simply a Babybel Swiss cheese wheel
His smile I shaped out of imitation crab meat
She will be delighted to see her dessert is watermelon with a little bit of whipped cream
And because I saw Josh eyeing the cucumber cups…he got a smile face too 😋